[LUNAR Announce:] [LUNAR general:] April Contest Announced

Ryan G. Coleman ryan.g.coleman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 04:36:37 UTC 2011

For D Superroc Altitude, you have to use one of these:

http://www.nar.org/pinkbook/G_altimeters.html

For I predicted altitude, almost any commercial altimeter is fine. GPS
or barometric.

"A commercially available prefabricated barometric altimeter or GPS
unit must be used to record any altitude contest. Kits or personally
developed altitude measuring devices are prohibited. The device must
have a sampling rate of no less than 10 samples per second and a
manufacturer-determined accuracy of 3 percent of recorded altitude or
better."

Since we're going for accuracy to your prediction, not absolute
altitude, any errors in your devices will only penalize you for I
predicted altitude.

Sorry there are 2 sets of rules! One is serious (NAR low power) and
one is basically for fun (NAR high power). Sound good?

-Ryan