[LUNAR Announce:] New Lunar Walls

Bill Orvis orvis at comcast.net
Sun Feb 19 22:24:55 UTC 2012

After careful consideration of the mile high wall requests I have had in
the last month or so, I have decided to do them all. I have created the
following LUNAR Bragging rights walls.

Go here or link from the LUNAR home page.
http://www.lunar.org/gallery/braggingwalls.shtml

1/100 of a Mile Wall (53 feet) - This is for those of us with smaller
rockets like micromaxx. Getting a micromaxx to 500 feet is nearly
impossible, even if you launch it from a cannon so this is reachable.

1/10 of a mile high wall (528 feet) - At a 10th of a mile, this is
definitely reachable by most smaller rockets that can hold an altimeter.

1 Kilometer wall - For those with metric needs.

2 Kilometer wall - A little tougher metric wall.

Mile High Wall Restart - The restart of the mile high wall for flights
after 1/1/12. Watch out, Steve Jurvetson is already there.

Emeritus Mile High Wall - The previous mile high wall.

OK, the walls are there, now you have to fill them up with flights. The
basic rule are that you must announce an attempt before the launch.
Write it on your flight card or tell the LCO then send the webmaster
(me) the results. This is a gentleman's contest for bragging rights so
no awards will be given other than your name on the wall.

Enjoy

Bill

--
William Orvis