[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR MAKE FLY TAKE and Ames Moon Day celebration

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 8 09:57:13 EDT 2012

Good Morning LUNAR,

LUNAR and Ames Educational Directorate will be hosting a MAKE-FLY-TAKE
launch on Saturday September 22 from 0800 to 1200.  We will be helping 50
participants build and launch kits A6-4 motors.

The event will take place with a build session at the Ames Visitor Center
and the flying will take place at the Airfield near our usual launch
location.

We will need help with the  Make portion (4 to 6 people) and the launch area
(3 to 4 people).  The kits will be made at the Visitor's Center which will
be open from 0830 to about 1000 for making the kits. The people will then
bring their kit to the airfield were we will supply the motor and let them
launch their rocket.

Please note that the Make-Fly-Take is for the participants and this is not a
Club launch. The September Club launch is on September 29th.

The Moon Day Celebration does end there. Ames will be hosting Star Party in
the evening. People are invited to come and look at the moon and stars
through several telescopes that will be available. If you have a telescope,
you are welcome to bring that to the event. This portion of the event will
take place on the Parade Grounds.  I don't remember if there are Speakers
providing lectures during the afternoon.

Please come and help with the Make-Fly-Take session in the morning.  Please
let Tony Cooper (vp at lunar.org) or myself (president at lunar.org) know if you
can help with the event.

Please note that the Make-Fly-Take is for the participants and this is not a
Club launch. The September Club launch is on September 29th.

Thank you

David Raimondi

LUNAR President