[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR Club meeting and launch status

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 18:47:18 PST 2014

LUNAR-
We will be having our November club meeting this Thursday November 13th. The
meeting will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 PM in
the community room at the Greenmeadow Community Association. The address is:
303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
*	The Agenda: Club business:
o	January Officer Elections: The LUNAR club is run by the members and
this is your chance to run for a board position and help shape the future of
the Club. All the Board positions are open for re-election. Position are:
President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Board Member at Large 1,
Board Member at Large 2. The Past President is not an elected position and
is held by the previous club president).
*	Nomination are now open!
o	I am working with Ames to secure our permits for 2015.
o	The FAA waivers for Ames and Snow Ranch were sent in last month.  I
expect to hear from the FAA towards the end of the month.
o	ARLISS program is looking for dedicated flyers with a good track
record (very few crashes).
*	The ARLISS program has only lost 2 payloads out of 716 flights that
works out to be a 99% record!
*	We need people who are willing to build an ARLISS K or ARLISS M
rocket, and can support flying student payloads over the summer months at
Black Rock.
*	Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about the
program.
o	Snow Ranch Status:
*	Need more rain!
o	Did I mention the BoD Elections in January?  ...

*	Ames Launch on Nov. 15th:
o	We need to catch up on the folks who have been put off because of
weather. I expect the following groups will be present Saturday.
*	Group					head count
*	Scouts					70
*	St. Pius Pack 110			50
*	Y Adventure Guides			20
*	Fremont New Horizons school		30
*	TGIF					50
				The groups that are 50 or more have agreed
to split into smaller groups and half show up at 0900 and the other half
shows up at 1100.
o	LUNAR will need lots of help with the groups so that this launch can
be calmly executed.  We will need:
*	Pad helpers
*	Rocket spotters
*	Safety check helpers