[LUNAR Announce:] Fwd: [LUNAR general:] Ames launch Saturday 7/18

Paul Pittenger ppittenger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:49:27 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Raimondi <d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Subject: [LUNAR general:] Ames launch Saturday 7/18
To: LUNAR General <lunar-general at googlegroups.com>

I have several announcements to make.
1.      I was informed today by Base Operations that the found a rocket on
the airfield after we had left last month. This is Very Serious!  This
rocket could have been sucked into a jet engine and cause massive damage.
Everyone attending the launch needs to make sure that they leave with
everything they brought out on the airfield.  We have a missing rockets
sheet at the registration table for you to use if your rocket decides to
hide from you. I want to know the type of rocket, color(s), including
parachute color, an approximate location when you lost it If in the air, the
direction it was traveling, your name and phone number. It will take less
than two minutes to fill out.

2.      There is the possibility that an Antonov 124 will be sitting on the
ramp were we hold the launch on Saturday or will be arriving Saturday around
noon.  This will of course cancel the launch if this happens.  Stay tuned...

3.      The wind forecast for Saturday at 10 AM is calling for winds near or
at our wind limit of 10 MPH.  This will also cancel the launch if this
forecast holds. So while you are waiting for the final word about the
launch, make sure you have smaller motors ready to use and pack them in your
rocket range box.  Again stay tuned...

4.      Please help keep the club flying at Ames! Do your part to keep the
airfield clean and leave with everything you came with. I don't want to lose
the privilege of flying at Ames. It will be very very hard to find another
flying field in or near the Bay Area.

5.      LUNAR Club meeting this Thursday, Greenmeadow Community Association.
303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94306.  Build night from lost and found
and donated
items.  Free rockets for all !  Bring kids!

I will send out another email as soon as I hear any news from Airfield
Operations. Always check the hotline before heading to any LUNAR launch!
925.443.8705

David
LUNAR President

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to
being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would