[LUNAR Announce:] May Club meeting and Ames launch

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 6 20:01:23 PDT 2015

LUNAR-
We will be having our May club meeting on Thursday May 7th. The meeting will
be held from 7:30 to 9:30 PM in
the community room at the Greenmeadow Community Association. The address is:
303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
Meeting Agenda:
*	Finding a better way to deal with Outreach groups
o	Outreach groups are getting bigger, need a strategy for right sizing
the Outreach group size at the Ames launches.
o	Currently trying to hold the line at 100 to 120 people from Outreach
/ Ames launch
*	This will fail Saturday, when about 200 people from outreach are
attending
o	Ideas:
*	Separate line for members?
*	Pros - Members don't wait as long
*	Cons - Another check-in position to staff
*	Hold two Outreach launches a year, Spring and Fall
*	Hold Outreach to less than (TBD) people for all the rest of the
launches.
*	Cooper's on vacation - need people to step up and help
o	Need a volunteer to pull the trailer for the June and July launches
*	June 27th
*	July18th
o	Registration and Range help will be greatly appreciated
I will not be at the Club meeting, family coming into town.  Tony, I know
you will run a tight, no non-sense meeting tomorrow.  Please provide status
post the meeting.
AMES Launch Saturday May 9th!  Weather calls for increasing winds all day.
Please be prepared with SMALLER MOTORS and be ready to reef you parachutes.
Wind forecast is for a gusty 8 mph wind by noon.
David
LUNAR President