[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR Club meeting Jan. 16th, 2019 - Board Election Night

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 08:39:10 PST 2019

Happy New Year!

The next Club meeting will be held on Wednesday January 16, 2019 at 7:30 pm.
The meeting will be held at Greenmeadow Community Association's Community
Room. The address is: 303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94306.   Time is
1930 to 2130.

Agenda:
Snow Ranch: How LUNAR can decrease our impact on the land:
*	Requested to reduce the number of launches from 7 to 5;  December
through April.
o	Drop November and May launches since they rarely happen.
*	Drive 7 MPH on the driveway and no more than 10 past the hanger area

*	Drive slow and stay in the center of the roads
*	Drive slowly through puddles - the ground is hard packed at the
bottom of the puddle
o	Going around the puddles is our biggest impact!!!!

Snow Ranch restrictions:
*	No Radio Control UAVs (airplanes, helicopters, drones, etc); rocket
boosted RC gliders are okay
*	Requested that we do not wander away from the launch area. Searching
/ Retrieving a rocket is okay.
*	Requested to not go near the petroglyphs or the new Feed area
further out past the petroglyphs.
o	Ask a Club Officer to take you out to the petroglyphs.

Options being worked for Magnitude.IO:
*	Designing a rocket that can carry two CanSats and fly to 1000 feet
that can be flown at the schools.
*	Asked SARG and TCC to help out; both clubs checking on feasibility
and impacts to their operations, so far I have received positive feed back.

Possible L3 Cert early next year, still working with flyer.  Anticipated
altitude 11,000 feet

Status on Moffett Airfield, requested to hold launches under same rules for
2019.
*	Proposed dates: 3/30, 5/18, 9/21, and 10/19.

BoD elections:  This is your opportunity to step up and help run the largest
Rocket Club in the U.S.!

Other topics / concerns ??

Happy New Year!

David