[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR Meeting reminder for Jan. 15th (this Wednesday)

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 13 19:28:52 PST 2020

Club meeting Wed, January 15, 2020 from 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Where: Greenmeadow Community Association - 303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA
94306
Map:
<https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Greenmeadow%20Community%20Association%
20-%20303%20Parkside%20Drive%2C%20Palo%20Alto%2C%20CA%2094306> )
Agenda:
1.	Snow Ranch:
a.	It was great to see everyone at the January 4th Launch.
b.	The E9 Death Race was very exciting!  We are still trying to figure
out how to Score the outcome.
c.	I was impressed with the slow moving cars on the road. The Ranch was
also happy.
d.	LUNAR has received two big donations from Peter Hacket and Michael
Pettipiece last year. I brought building supplies, recovery webbing,
parachutes, electronics, motors, casings, and rockets of all sizes and
several new kits. By the end of the launch I am happy to report that
everything went to a good home.
2.	New launch site search:
a.	LUNAR is still looking for a more permanent launch side in the Bay
Area.
b.	I have several new leads to follow up with in the next month
c.	Need to see if we can more launches at Moffett Federal Airfield.
3.	The Board of Directors is elected at the January Club meeting for
the year.
a.	All board positions are available: President, Vice President,
Treasure, Secretary, Treasurer, Board  Member at Large 1, and Board Member
at Large 2, and the Past President (out-going President occupies this
position).
b.	Please consider running for the board and help continue to build
NAR's largest Rocket Club!
c.	Nominations
i.	Candidate speeches
d.	Voting (if needed)
e.	Congratulations to the winners!

4.	If anyone has the need to fly something, TCC is holding their
January launch on Jan. 18th from 0900 to ~1500. Weather should be nice with
winds at 5 MPH all day.
david