[LUNAR Announce:] Low Power Launch Opportunity next Saturday Aug 27th

Paul Pittenger ppittenger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:08:58 PDT 2022

LUNAR!  We have a chance to try out a new field for the club.  We have used
this location for school and scout groups.  Intention is to have additional
support for High School TARC teams and school groups this winter with
another launch venue besides Snow Ranch.

Low Power cooperative launch - not full LUNAR launch equipment setup but we
have a bunch of pads - next Saturday, August 27.  9:00 until the wind hits
-  probably all done launching before 1:00, come early if you can to help
set up.  1/8  3/16  1/4  rods and standard rail available, if you need
something special bring it.

Maximum motor size F  - maximum projected altitude 900 ft - based on TARC
testing needs - larger motors need larger heavier rockets - leave the
optimized lightweight E and F rockets for Snow Ranch.

Location:  Brigantino Park, Hollister
Brigantino Park - Google Maps
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brigantino+Park/@36.8479721,-121.4331917,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8091f7f1d86d4b07:0xca2a5696f1c799e9!8m2!3d36.8479721!4d-121.431003>

Important for this field:  Launch location is 200 yard walk from parking.
You will not be able to operate easily out of your car - prepped rocket
bins easily carried are better for this field.  If you have tables and
chairs you'd better have a wagon.  Bathrooms available at parking lot.

We want to support schools, scouts, and students from recent rocket build
events.  If we have to limit capacity in the future we will prioritize that
way with some signups.  For this week, please answer on the General list if
you are coming and number of vehicles and we will track how many are coming.

See you next week!

Paul Pittenger