[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR build night July 19

Paul Pittenger ppittenger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 23:06:06 PDT 2023

Hello LUNAR!

Reminding everyone of the annual LUNAR rocket build - July 19  starting 7PM
- Maker Nexus, 1330 Orleans Dr, Sunnyvale.  We can stay a little longer
than normal until Maker Nexus closes.

This year we have around 40 kits from parts used by the NASA space camp
launches in Huntsville, Alabama, with Fred providing the tubes.  We will be
guiding a build of these rockets during the meeting.  Also have many larger
kits which can be built by those with more experience, and some prizes to
take home.  There will be multiple building zones.  Bring any kids and
friends!  This is a great opportunity to introduce someone to rocketry.

Free rockets for all, some really nice stuff for kids!  And with a launch
on Saturday, July 22nd at our Hollister launch site, no long wait to fly
the new rockets!  LUNAR will have first flight motors for those who bring
their new rockets to the Hollister launch.

As always, we need experienced rocketeers to help out, bring a little
tape/glue/sandpaper/knives set of build supplies if you can.

For those who have rockets to repair - send me a photo and some information
and I will pull from the club parts for you and make a repair kit - we have
almost anything to repair or customize normal Estes & Quest kits, and some
larger stuff for Aerotech & LOC kits up to 4" diameter.

I am doing midpower - 24mm motor mount, 1.3 or 1.6 inch airframe - builds
for interested students in my garage, San Mateo - we can discuss that at
the build night and put together next session for those interested.  Last
year's students all completed their midpower rocket and flew at Hollister
and Snow Ranch.  Two students went on to scratch build larger rockets for
their Junior Level 1 Certification.  Anyone who wants to learn more skills
for building and repairing rockets is welcome, work on your own projects or
help with with repairs and building for kid giveaways at LUNAR launches.

See you on the 19th!

Paul Pittenger
LUNAR Board Member
ppittenger at gmail.com