[LUNAR Announce:] LUNAR launch canceled for Oct 23

Dave Cummings dacummings at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 21 19:45:19 UTC 2010

To all LUNAR members and flyers,

The rocket launch scheduled for this Saturday, October 23, has been canceled.  This is primarily due to a large aircraft that is currently parked at the same location as our launch site there at NASA Ames/Moffett Field.  Although, the weather is not looking favorable for Saturday either, so this is another reason to cancel the launch.  We do have a rain date scheduled on Saturday, October 30.  We may reschedule the launch to that weekend.  We will keep everyone informed as soon as we know.  Look for more information to come.

Sorry about this but these things can happen.

David Cummings
LUNAR Secretary