[LUNAR Announce:] Saturday Launch !

david raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 15:48:59 UTC 2011

LUNAR!

Saturday will be a busy day at Ames. In addition to you club launch, we will
also be helping the Ames Educational Directorate host a Make-Fly-Take
outreach event which is being held at the Visitors Center. We will need help
at both locations.  We will need 5 or 6 people working the Build session.

Thank you to those who have signed up to help with the build session
already. For those who haven’t signed up and want to help, please stop at
the Visitors Center on your way in see if they need more help.  Thank you!

The Make-Fly-Take event starts at 0900 and goes until 1100. Ames has
purchased 50 Quest kits which are easy to build. People have signed up in
advance for this event. Laura Lewis, from NASA Ames, will hand out the
rockets and we will help the new rocketeers build them. Once the new
rocketeers have completed the rocket, please review the newly constructed
rocket and make sure it is flight worthy before they head over to the
launch.

At the launch, Brian Day (Ames employee), will hand out the motor and give
the rocket a final safety check.  I am going to set aside a rack of pads for
Brian to use so we make sure the 50 participants get to fly on Saturday.

The Visitors Center is located to the right as you approach Ames. At the
stop sign immediately before the Main Gate, turn right, the Visitors Center
is the big white building.  Joe will arrive just before 0900 and open the
Visitors Center. Everything should be set up today for the build session.

Ames Points of Contact for the Make-Fly-Take:

Joe – Facilities

Laura Lewis – Ames Educational Directorate host, location: Visitors Center
until build session is over.

Brian Day – Ames Educational Directorate host, location: Visitors Center and
move to launch area when the first rockets are ready.

Thank you everyone for helping out! This is a great Club because you
volunteer and help others learn and enjoy the hobby.

David Raimondi

LUNAR President