[LUNAR Announce:] Upcoming Milestone

Jack Hagerty jhagerty at juno.com
Sun Jan 6 15:58:00 EST 2013

With my year-end compiling of the launch stats along with adding yesterday's
from the ranch, I saw how close we are to our next big milestone.  Last year
I estimated that we would hit this last month, but a couple of cancelled
launches pushed it back.

What I'm talking about is crossing the 2 million Newton-second total impulse
level.  As of yesterday's launch, we are less than 20,000 Ns shy of that
total. The actual total is 1,980,988.  Since the average Ames launch is only
around 2,000 Ns, it's not going to happen there.  But the average SR launch
is between 30,000 and 40,000 Ns, so around halfway through next month's
launch we'll cross over (so to speak).  Maybe we should make some sort of
announcement before the first HP rack goes up saying that one of the rockets
will be the one.

- Jack

"This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought..." -- Dennis
Moore

Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/50e9e523abfbd65227272st04duc