[LUNAR Announce:] Next Club meeting July 17th, -- repair/rebuild/build session - you fix it you keep it.

David Raimondi d.raimondi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 23 14:24:00 PDT 2014

The July LUNAR meeting will be on July 17th, 2013 from 7:30 to 9:30 PM in
the community room at the Greenmeadow Community Association. The address is:
303 Parkside Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94306

Free rockets for every family that attends!
This is our yearly lost and found recycle, Creative Rocket Repair and
Rebuild Session.

Our summer meeting uses the LUNAR lost-and-found box and donations from
members and vendors. Since this is our only meeting during summer vacation
time, we offer a session focused on teaching skills and having fun with our
younger members. We have some nice repairable unclaimed rockets in the lost
and found, and so please bring your kids and their friends to the LUNAR
meeting!

Experienced rocketeers will be helping kids repair and build their own
rockets to take home. We will be repairing rockets, making booster stages,
adding clusters, and modifying rockets, and showing techniques that will
give you a new creative look at your own collection of parts. These are not
just small rockets, either...there are some larger tubes and parts great for
rockets with C, D, and E motors to fly under 1000 feet at Ames.

Bring your own crashed or damaged rocket and we will fix it up. Bring extra
parts to donate to the mix. Bring your own ideas and techniques to teach the
kids.
There will be some kits available if you just want to build a kit from the
start.

Take advantage of the long summer evening and no school, bring the kids,
build some rockets and then a launch on Saturday July 19th...what could be
better?

Invite by Paul Pittenger, our build session leader for the last several
years!

If you lost your rocket behind the fence at the Nasa Ames launch on June
21st, Tony was working with base security to get them back, they will be at
the July 20th launch and will not be included in the Lost&Found giveaway.
Happy 4th of July!!!

Paul Pittenger and
David
LUNAR President