[LUNAR Announce:] Volunteers Needed for Chabot Rocketfest March 23

Emma Humphries me at emmah.net
Tue Mar 5 23:31:55 PST 2024

We're now less than a month away from Chabot's Rocketfest and need a few more volunteers to help table and help kids build a rocket to fly at an upcoming launch.

I know that the date conflicts with our Hollister launch, but outreach is part of our charter.

Chabot will provide printing, markers, stickers, two tables (we'll need at least three,) and lunch, beverages, and snacks for volunteers.

I'd like for you to sign up for one shift. We need people for:

    Set up
    Tear down
    Tabling: answer questions, engage patrons, provide coloring sheets
    Helping kids build and decorate the starter rocket kits

Before the event we need:

    Someone to revise our launch flyers for Snow Ranch and Hollister
    Someone to provide revised copy for the Snow Ranch and Hollister site pages on lunar.org

The sign up sheet is at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GVg_JGNsDVlz-0fMUCHw1dF689ESVYWOCMJznjYm4Bw/edit

If you're not familiar with Chabot, it's off of Hwy 13 (The Warren Freeway) in the Oakland Hills. They also function as a satellite visitor center for NASA Ames. They have two good sized refractors (which used to be in Old Oakland) and if the weather is good, you can check them out after sunset.

Thank you all for helping with our first outreach event of the year!

Emma Humphries (they/she)
LUNAR Board Member at Large
NAR 27698