NAR - National Association of Rocketry
LUNAR is section 534 of the NAR (local chapter).
PO Box 177
Altoona, WI 54720
The National Association of Rocketry is the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 65,000 serious modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry!
- Local Clubs
- Organized Launches and Competitions
- NARAM, a week-long competition meet (July 25-August 1, 1997, in Tucson AZ);
- NSL, a three to four-day National Sport Launch (Memorial Day weekend, May 24-25, in Dallas TX)
- NARCON, our National Convention (March 21-23 in Champaign IL).
- Sport Rocketry Magazine
- Liability Insurance
- High-Power Certification
- Technical Services The NAR Technical Services (NARTS) is a source of rocket plans, scale data and photos, technical reports, manuals, books, flight and simulation software and logo membership items.
Tripoli Rocketry Association
Tripoli is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and operation of amateur high power rocketry. Our members are drawn from the United States and 22 additional countries across the globe.
Other NAR Sections
See the NAR local club locator for other NAR sections world wide.
Some Local Rocketry Organizations
AeroPac - The local prefecture of the Tripoli Rocketry Association.
AeroPac runs the launches at Black Rock Desert in Nevada.
ARLISS - A Rocket Launch for International Student Satellites
The ARLISS Project is a collaborative effort between students and faculty at Stanford University Space Systems Development Program and other educational institutions, and high power rocketry enthusiasts in Northern California, to build, launch, test and recover prototype satellites, miniaturized to fit inside a soft drink can (hence "CanSats") in preparation for an Earth orbit or Mars orbit space launch.
TCC - Tripoli Central California
TCC runs the DairyAire launches near Fresno, California.
ROC - Rocketry Organization of California
Run the ROCstock launches at Lake Lucern, California
SARG - Sacramento Area Rocketry Group
NAR and Tripoli affiliated group in the Sacremento, CA area.
DART - Diego Area Rocketry Team
San Diego area NAR section.